Trend Micro Cloud Edge SB-W
Unified threat management as a service for managed service providers
Cloud Edge SB-W
Get a Quote!
A unified threat management (UTM) solution that combines a physical appliance with an industry-unique cloud scanning function. Trend Micro Cloud Edge provides maximum protection that is managed natively from the cloud, providing zero-touch deployment, multi-tenant management, and complete control of your customers’ security in one central location.
Purpose-Built for Managed Services Providers (MSPs)
- With our unique, pay-asyou-go MSP pricing model, there are no upfront costs and no term commitments.
- Trend Micro Cloud Edge integrates with existing tools and processes for maximum efficiency and optimal security
- Combines a physical appliance with an industry-unique cloud scanning function for maximum performance and protection.
- Benefit from a nextgeneration, on-premises unified threat management appliance along with the convenience of security as a service (SaaS).
- Protection managed natively from the cloud provides zero-touch deployment, multi-tenant management, and complete control of your customers’ security in one central location.
- Simple deployment and user-friendly management allow you to maintain security without compromising on performance.
Cloud Edge is uniquely designed for managed service providers. Offer UTM as a service to your customers and build monthly recurring revenue (MRR), eliminate high upfront hardware costs, and gain the flexibility to change devices any time you need to. Cloud Edge is centrally managed across your entire customer base from the cloud, allowing you to efficiently manage and protect your customers’ environments.
- Zero Touch Configuration and Deployment
Ship Cloud Edge straight to the customer site and it will automatically download its configuration from the cloud. Eliminate costly trips and installations, freeing up your technicians to focus on more profitable activities.
- Centralized Firmware Updates
Easily keep your customer’s Cloud Edge devices up to date with the latest firmware. You no longer have to drive onsite, plug in a laptop to the console port, manually configure your IP address, dig up the console credentials, and perform firmware updates one device at a time. With Trend Micro Remote Manager, firmware updates can be deployed to one or many devices across your entire customer base from your office with the click of a button.
- Multi-Tenant, Multi-Product Management
Manage network, endpoint, and email security across your entire customer base from a native cloud-based management console. No other UTM vendor can provide this combination of security and technology in a simple, easy-to-manage interface.
- Remote Monitoring Service
Let our team monitor your customer environments for critical events while you focus on growing your business. You let us know when you want to be contacted and we will keep an eye on things for you.
- Consumption-Based Pricing
In line with the rest of our MSP solutions, Cloud Edge is sold on a true consumption basis. You only pay for the devices you use in any given month, and you get every Cloud Edge feature for a flat fee. No more complicated spreadsheets to determine how much each device costs based on which features are or aren’t used, and no more sacrificing security functionality to save a few bucks. If your customers grow and need a larger model or want wi-fi, it’s as simple as trading out the device and paying the new monthly fee.
- No Term Commitments
Trend Micro Cloud Edge is available for as little or as long as your customers need it. You aren’t locked in to any term commitments and there are no penalties for returning a Cloud Edge device. You get maximum flexibility to run your business without worrying about losing money on hardware.
Cloud Edge provides a comprehensive set of protection capabilities to secure your customers environments. Cloud Edge automatically and transparently offloads resource intensive scanning tasks to Trend Micro’s cloud scanning infrastructure to provide maximum security and maximum throughput.
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Network access control with Trend Micro Worry-Free Services
- C&C detection
- Application control
- Bandwidth control (QoS)
- VLAN support (sub-interfaces)
- VPN (site-to-site, user)
- Bridging/Routing mode
- Denial of service (DDoS) protection
- GeoIP identification blocking
- Anti-malware protection
- Cloud sandboxing/virtual analyzer
- Business email compromise (BEC) protection
- Content filtering
- Anti-spam protection
- HTTPS scanning
- DDoS protection
- Anti-malware protection
- Ransomware protection
- Machine learning
- URL filtering
- URL whitelisting/blacklisting
- Web reputation services
- HTTPS scanning
- 100% cloud management
- Customizable widget based dashboard
- Reporting (real-time, manual, scheduled)
- Log forwarding/SIEM support
- Customizable user notifications
- Captive portal (web access and VPN)
- Client-devices visibilities and security managements
Cloud Edge intelligently combines a comprehensive set of protection techniques and features, providing maximum protection and performance to your customers.
Additional protection from network breaches and business disruptions
- Firewall, anti-malware, email, and HTTPS scanning
- Predictive machine learning
- Intrusion protection (IPS)
- Cloud sandboxing
- Distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection
- Web reputation
Ensures your customers remain productive
- URL filtering
- Application and bandwidth (QoS) control
- VPN (site-to-site and remote access)
- Dual-WAN support
Eliminates costly deployment and maintenance tasks
- Zero-touch deployment
- Single-pane-of-glass management for endpoints, UTM, and email
- Firmware updates across all your customers
Trend Micro Cloud Edge works with Trend Micro Worry-Free XDR
- Cross-layer detection and response (XDR) blocks suspicious objects detected by endpoints
- Correlates suspicious Command and Control (C&C) objects automatically across endpoints in one console
- Blocks emerging suspicious connection activities
How It Works
Manage Cloud Edge from any browser
Offloads resource intensive functions to the cloud for maximum performance and security
On-premises hardware appliance delivers protection to the network
|Cloud Edge SB||Cloud Edge SB-W||Cloud Edge 50G2||Cloud Edge 100G2|
|Console (RS 232)||1||1||1||1|
|Firewall throughput||2,145.8 Mbps||2,145.8 Mbps||4,000 Mbps||4,986 Mbps|
|Firewall + application control + URL filtering + intrusion prevention system (IPS) throughput||147.3 Mbps||147.3 Mbps||313 Mbps||688.6 Mbps|
|Firewall + application control + URL filtering + AV||139.9 Mbps||139.9 Mbps||272.5 Mbps||640.3 Mbps|
|Complete threat protection throughput||133.4 Mbps||133.4 Mbps||255 Mbps||624 Mbps|
|Recommended number of users||Up to 25||Up to 25||26 - 50||50 - 100|
|New sessions per second||20,000||20,000||35,000||50,000|
|Height x width x length (millimeter)||43 mm x 170 mm x 230 mm||43 mm x 170 mm x 230 mm||43 mm x 170 mm x 230 mm||43 mm x 170 mm x 230 mm|
|Weight||1.2 Kg||1.2 Kg||1.2 Kg||1.2 Kg|
|Power required||100-240V, 1.5A, 50/60 Hz||100-240V, 1.5A, 50/60 Hz||100-240V, 1.5A, 50/60 Hz||100-240V, 1.5A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||36 W||36 W||36 W||36 W|
|Operating temperature||32 - 104o F||32 - 104o F||32 - 104o F||32 - 104o F|
|Storage temperature||-40 - 158o F||-40 - 158o F||-40 - 158o F||-40 - 158o F|
|Humidity||5 – 90%||5 – 90%||5 – 90%||5 – 90%|
|Noise level||Fanless 0 dBA||Fanless 0 dBA||Fanless 0 dBA||Fanless 0 dBA|
|Standards||N/A||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (WPA, WPA2, 802.11i, TKIP, PSK,802.1x, EAP-PEAP)||N/A||N/A|
|Number of antenna||N/A||2||N/A||N/A|
|Frequency bands (Support either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band)||N/A||802.11a: 5.180-5.825 GHz; 802.11b/g: 2.412- 2.472 GHz; 802.11n: 2.412-2.472 GHz, 5.180- 5.825 GHz; 802.11ac: 5.180-5.825 GHz||N/A||N/A|