Trend Micro Cloud One – Open Source Security by Snyk
Visibility and monitoring of open source vulnerabilities for SecOps
Integrate and Protect
Trend Micro Cloud One - Open Source Security by Snyk automatically finds, prioritizes, and reports vulnerabilities and license risks in open source dependencies used by your applications. As part of the Trend Micro Cloud One™ security platform, Trend Micro Cloud One – Open Source Security by Snyk connects with your code repositories and CI/CD pipelines to scan projects. This enables security teams to gain more relevant insights and improve risk management thanks to increased visibility, tracking, and early awareness into open source issues.
Seamless and Fast
Built right into the service console, you can easily add your source code repositories to provide instant results of scanned projects and pertinent indirect dependency information. This allows security teams to be able to see across the entire software supply chain in order to promptly understand open source vulnerabilities and receive remediation insights and tracking all from one console. Furthermore, Trend Micro Cloud One - Open Source Security by Snyk automatically identifies as well allows you to search for open source license risks that could possibly affect your company’s legal requirements and digital property.
Empower security operations teams to identify open source code vulnerabilities and license risks across application components for enhanced visibility. Surface rich intelligence about indirect dependencies that are impacting your software bill of materials and security.
Imagine having the early advantage of understanding open source risks within application development streams. Together, Trend Micro and Snyk have made this a reality through the Trend Micro Cloud One SaaS security platform for cloud builders
Manage open source vulnerabilities introduced during application development in an efficient and easy to implement security workflow. Balance business velocity with immediate risk awareness by monitoring trends and prioritizing issues found in open source dependencies.
Informative and Trackable
- Scan projects in code repositories to provide security teams with visibility into open source dependency vulnerabilities.
- Monitor trends across the entire organization’s open source landscape through dashboards and reports.
- Visibility of all dependency paths to identify vulnerabilities that development teams may be unaware of.
- Receive explicit step-by-step instructions from the Knowledge Base to remediate risks.
- Eliminate a large blind spot for security teams via more insights into fast pace development cycles
Why you need it
- 80% of application code is open source
- 2.5x increase in open source vulnerabilities in the last 3 years
- 78% of vulnerabilities are found in in-direct dependencies
Complete visibility and awareness of open source risks
Developers are pulling in vast amounts of open source dependencies without any security controls or visibility. Cloud One - Open Source Security by Snyk reduces the ability for adversaries to infiltrate software while supporting developers to build stronger applications.
Identify vulnerabilities in your open source dependencies and their sub-dependencies for better security controls
Deliver continuous monitoring for zero-day vulnerabilities in cloud native projects as well as legacy applications
Improve application development and security governance while providing continuous visibility to security teams
Surface insight and intelligence through the Trend Micro Cloud One platform with actionable recommendations for remediation
SecOps visibility for deeper insight
Increase visibility into security risks hidden in open source code and strengthen security procedures that affect application development and productivity.
- A dependency tree view, which highlights how transitive vulnerabilities are introduced
- Rich contextual information powered by Snyk Intel Vulnerability Database
- Continuous monitoring to minimize the exposure to threats over time
Open source bill of materials
Eliminate unexpected dangers in your application development cycles by providing security teams with a complete list of open source code dependency risks.
- Curate a listing of open source risks across monolith and microservices applications
- Drive earlier detection in build pipelines with accurate information of exploit targets
- Avoid costly mistakes by making secure decisions across your application projects
Bridge the organizational gap
Open source vulnerabilities have traditionally been the domain of DevOps teams but with increased risks, Security teams need to be part of this awareness so everyone can react faster.
- Monitor the state of open source vulnerabilities and license risks from a single view
- Enhance secure DevOps and SecOps practices with automated reports and notifications for a shared responsibility and control
- Integrate with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and source code platforms, such as GitHub, GitLab, and BitBucket, even Jenkins and more
- GitHub Enterprise
- Bitbucket Server
- Bitbucket Cloud
- Azure Repos
- Command-line interface (CLI)
- Bitbucket Pipeline
- Azure Pipelines
- Circle CI
- Snyk API
- Vuln Cost for VS Code
- Visual Studio Code
- Android Studio
- Intellij IDEA
- Artifactory Plugin
- AWS Lambda
- Azure Functions
Platform as a Service:
- Cloud Foundry
- Pivotal Web Services
- Fortify Software Security Center
- Nucleus Security
- Kenna Security
- Code Dx Enterprise
Language and Package Manager Support:
- Java (Gradle, Maven)
- Swift and Objective-C